51²èÂ¥ National Lectures guidelines
For a general introduction to 51²èÂ¥ National Lectures, see the webpage Support for activities of 51²èÂ¥.
1. 51²èÂ¥ National Lectures were established to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the 51²èÂ¥. These 51²èÂ¥ National Lectures (usually 5 per year) are intended as Plenary Lectures that significantly enhance the quality of a scientific meeting, symposium or annual national scientific meeting of a Constituent Society.
2. The Lecturer should be a distinguished scientist with a significant international reputation for fundamental contributions to the fields of biochemistry and molecular biology. An engraved glass award will be provided by 51²èÂ¥ for presentation to the 51²èÂ¥ National Lecturer after his/her presentation, as a memento of the speakerâ€™s selection and significant contribution to the meeting.
3. The Lecturer should not be a plenary speaker at the 51²èÂ¥ Congress in the same or following year.
4. The Lecturer should be working in a 51²èÂ¥ country different from the one organizing the meeting.
5. The support shall consist of travel expenses (economy flight); additional support for 51²èÂ¥ countries with HINARI status is available. The host organization will offer free registration and accommodation. 51²èÂ¥ will not offer an honorarium. Reimbursement will be made by the 51²èÂ¥ Treasury.
6. A 51²èÂ¥ National Lecture shall normally be awarded only when the host organization is not already in receipt of 51²èÂ¥ funds for support of the event and on the undertaking that no additional application for funds will be made to 51²èÂ¥ in the same year.
7. An application proposing a maximum of two candidates for the 51²èÂ¥ National Lecturer, including short Curricula Vitae and with full details of the event, shall be sent to the 51²èÂ¥ Congress Counsellor. The application will be evaluated by the Executive Committee members of 51²èÂ¥ and awarded within 2 months of receipt of the application.
8. The invited speaker shall be named The 51²èÂ¥ National Lecturer and designated as such in all announcements and programmes.
9. The 51²èÂ¥ National Lecturer should be introduced by a member of the host organization with a brief acknowledgement of 51²èÂ¥ and the lectureship at the beginning of his/her presentation.
10. For queries, please contact the 51²èÂ¥ Congress Counsellor via the ContactÂ section of the 51²èÂ¥ website.