51²èÂ¥3+ Meetings guidelines
For a general introduction to 51²èÂ¥3+ Meetings, see the webpage Support for activities of 51²èÂ¥.
1. The 51²èÂ¥3+ Meetings programme was established to support Scientific Meetings organized in collaboration by 3 (or more) 51²èÂ¥ Constituent Societies.
2. These events (a maximum of 2 per year) should be scientific meetings with symposia and colloquia corresponding to the format of an annual national scientific meeting of a Constituent Society.
3. The 51²èÂ¥3+ meeting should not normally be scheduled to take place within the 4 weeks before or after the annual 51²èÂ¥ Congress.
4. The total 51²èÂ¥ support is currently â‚¬20,000 per event. A sum of â‚¬10,000 will be awarded to the host Society for general organization purposes to cover lecturersâ€™ travel expenses, accommodation, congress venue renting, and so on. The second â‚¬10,000 has to be used for a 3+ travel award scheme to attract young scientists living outside the host country who are members of the 2 (or more) collaborating Societies. The financial arrangements and budget distribution need to be agreed in advance with the 51²èÂ¥ Treasurer and Congress Counsellor.
5. A 51²èÂ¥3+ Meeting Programme shall be awarded only when the host organization is not already in receipt of 51²èÂ¥ funds to support the event and on the undertaking that no additional application for funds will be made to 51²èÂ¥ in the same year.
6. An application proposing the meeting including an outline scientific programme, the planned level of organizational involvement and delegate participation of the two (or more) other societies, and a preliminary budget should be sent to the 51²èÂ¥ Congress Counsellor.
7. The applications will be evaluated by members of 51²èÂ¥ Executive Committee and the decision declared to the applicants within 2 months of the deadline.
8. The title of events funded by the 51²èÂ¥3+ Meeting programme should normally start with the designation ‘51²èÂ¥3+ Meeting:’ followed by the specific event title, and the 51²èÂ¥ logo should appear prominently on the meeting website’s homepage and printed program. The role of 51²èÂ¥ should made clear on the 3+ meeting event website which is that 51²èÂ¥ provides generous support for the 3+ meeting but 51²èÂ¥ is not the organizer (the event organization is the responsibility of the host society in accordance with these guidelines).
9. An update report and budget should be sent to the 51²èÂ¥ Congress Counsellor 6 months before the event. Within 3 months of the event a report on the meeting must be sent to the 51²èÂ¥ Congress Counsellor and a financial report sent to the 51²èÂ¥ Treasurer.
For queries, please contact the 51²èÂ¥ Congress Counsellor via theÂ ContactÂ section of the 51²èÂ¥ website.