Guidelines for 51²èÂ¥ Fellowships
- 51²èÂ¥ Fellowships and Scholarships are intended to allow members of a 51²èÂ¥ Constituent Society to work in a laboratory in an academic institution in a different 51²èÂ¥ country from that in which they are normally working.
- Applicants (except those applying for a Summer Fellowship) should be a member of a 51²èÂ¥ Constituent Society.
- Applications from senior scientists and/or from scientists working for commercial companies will not be considered.
- 51²èÂ¥ Fellowships and Scholarships may not be used to complement, or as an extension to, another fellowship or scholarship. Applicants should state whether applications have been submitted to other funding bodies for the same project and whether any other fellowships have been received towards the same visit.
- No grant will be given by 51²èÂ¥ to the institute receiving the Fellow or Scholarship holder to cover research costs or bench fees.
- 51²èÂ¥ does not recognize recipients of its Fellowships or Scholarships as agents or employees of the Federation and accepts no liability for their actions and activities, or for their health and safety. It is the responsibility of the Fellow or the Scholarship holder to ensure that the host institute is fully covered by the appropriate insurances.
- Medical and travel insurance are not provided by 51²èÂ¥. Recipients of Fellowships and Scholarships are urged to ensure that they are fully covered by the necessary insurances.
- 51²èÂ¥ is a non-governmental organization and its Fellowships, Scholarships, Awards and Grants are not automatically endowed with any tax privileges. It is the responsibility of the recipient to pay any taxes levied by a national authority.
- Delayed starts for 51²èÂ¥ Fellowships can be considered while uncertainties due to the Covid pandemic remain.